Kevin Brennan Writes About What It's Like
Seems like there should have been more Twitter rants after the health care debacle, but at least he’s accomplished these things since March 22.
• Via the Department of Homeland Security, began “naming and shaming” law enforcement departments that refuse to keep immigrants in custody long enough for ICE to get over there and pick them up. They’re listed in a web report titled “Public Safety Advisory.”
• Issued a permit for the Keystone Pipeline to be constructed.
• Graciously blamed the collapse of his health care bill on the Democrats.
• Assigned a West Wing office to his daughter, Ivanka. Though she is not going to be a paid federal employee, she says she will “voluntarily comply” with ethics laws.
• Threw Paul Ryan under the bus by directing viewers, via Twitter, to Jeanine Pirro’s Fox News show, where she tore PR a new one re the health care debacle. Both Trump and Pirro claim there was no coordination, though.
• Issued an executive order rolling back Obama’s climate-change policies. He’s hoodwinked coal miners into thinking their jobs are coming back, when it was actually natural gas that stymied the coal industry, not climate-change regulations. Oh well.